All the texts on this website are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) licence. Images are excluded from this licence. By licensing our work under the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 licence this means that you may share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform and build upon the material).
You are allowed to use the material under the following terms:
- You must provide the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright credit, a licence credit, a disclaimer notice and a link to the web page.
- You must provide a link to the original CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 licence:
- You must indicate if you have modified the material in any way and retain a record of any previous changes.
If you remix, transform, or build upon the original material, you must distribute your contributions under the same licence as the original (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
Images from the Van Gogh Museum collection
Images from the Van Gogh Museum collection may be downloaded and distributed for non-commercial use. Examples of non-commercial use include:
- Research, private study or for internal distribution at educational institutions (such as foundations, schools and universities).
- Non-profit publications, personal websites, blogs and social media.
Conditions for the use of images of artworks from the Van Gogh Museum collection:
- You must always include full artwork credits, please see the ‘object details’ for the appropriate credit lines.
- To use images that are still subject to copyright, please contact Pictoright Nederland:
1018 AV Amsterdam
T: +31 (0) 20 589 18 40
Would you like to use Van Gogh Museum collection images for commercial purposes, publications or media?
Please complete the application form on the museum website.
Images from third parties
The copyright of images from third parties belongs to the owners of the photography, not the Van Gogh Museum. If you would like to request or download these images, you must contact the individual owners. Unless otherwise stated, all photographs appear by permission of the parties mentioned in the captions. The photo credits are included in the captions. Every effort has been made to contact and acknowledge copyright holders for all reproductions; additional rights holders are encouraged to contact the Van Gogh Museum.